Rwhoisd solution?

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at
Sat Jun 6 10:05:33 CDT 2009

So far i've received a few replies, one of them containing something
of a tutorial. If it works i'll post my adaptation of it on the web
for all to reference.

Thanks, Jeff

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Gregory McLean<gmclean at> wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-06-06 at 10:37 -0400, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:
>> NANOGers,
>> Can someone please point me in the direction of an rwhoisd solution to
>> be run on a CentOS Linux platform? ARIN is now punting rwhois queries
>> to us and frankly i've been unable to find an easy to install/use
>> solution to answer these queries. I've seen the rwhoisd at
>> but the documentation on it is ghastly to say the
>> least.
>> Hopefully someone knows of an easier solution or at least a tutorial somewhere?
> If you happen to find one I'd like to know about it as well...

Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon at |
Black Lotus Communications of The IRC Company, Inc.

Look for us at HostingCon 2009 in Washington, DC on August 10th - 12th
at Booth #401.