Multi site BGP Routing design

John.Herbert at ins.com John.Herbert at ins.com
Sat Jun 6 00:35:00 UTC 2009

Depending on your security policies you may want to encrypt said tunnel also.

Other than that, it all depends on it all depends. For example - if you receive / or have a default route pointing to the ISP, then the fact you have the same AS and won't receive the other site's routes in BGP doesn't matter at all - you'll follow a default from site 1 to the ISP, and the ISP will have a route to site 2 and can pass the traffic in the right direction. If you don't mind your traffic being passed unencrypted over the Internet, that is. You'll obviously need to adapt your firewall policies to allow for that flow as well.

j.