Facility wide DR/Continuity

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Wed Jun 3 18:25:30 UTC 2009

      On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Roland Dobbins wrote:
    > With all due respect, both of these posited choices are quite ugly and
    > tend to lead to huge operational difficulties, susceptibility to DDoS,
    > etc.  Definitely not recommended except as a last resort in a difficult
    > situation, IMHO.

I wouldn't go quite so far as to say that they have security implications,
but I definitely agree that these are solutions of last resort, and that
any live load-balanced solution is infinitely preferable to a stand-by
solution.  Which, IMHO, is unlikely to ever work as hoped for.  I was just
answering the question at hand, rather than the meta-question of whether
the question being asked was the right question.  :-)

                                -Bill