Facility wide DR/Continuity

Ricky Duman rduman at internap.com
Wed Jun 3 13:25:43 UTC 2009

Drew,

IMO as your %Availability goes up, (99, 99.9, 99.99.....100%)... your
price to implement will go up exponentially.  That being said, a
majority of this will depend on what your budget is to achieve your
desired availability.

You can either

- Failover to backup servers using DNS (but may not be instant)
		Also should consider replication solution if your
resources need fresh data

On the high-end you can:
	- run secondary mirror location...replicating data
	- Setup BGP announcing your IP block out of both locations
	- You should have a private link interconnecting your sites for
your IBGP session.