Happy Sysadmin Day

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Fri Jul 31 15:58:40 UTC 2009

On Jul 31, 2009, at 11:53 AM, Andy Ringsmuth wrote:
> On Jul 31, 2009, at 10:35 AM, J. Oquendo wrote:
> Andrew Euell wrote:
>>> Happy Sysadmin Day nanog'ers. Thank you for keeping the internet
>>> running!
>>> http://www.sysadminday.com/
>>>

>> Keeping the Internet running? You mean as in the flakiness of what is
>> happening with portions of Level3 right at this moment?
>
> Yeah, anyone know what's going on with Level3?  Whatever the heck it
> is, it's causing lots of weirdness for me.

I'm not on the MLC, but this strikes me as silly.

First, isn't outages@ that -> a -> way -> ??

Also, do people honestly think asking "why is L3 having issues" in an
e-mail "Subject: Re: Happy Sysadmin Day" a good idea?

Perhaps you all need to realize that Ettore was an idiot - making good
brakes is _hard_... er, sorry. :)

--
TTFN,
patrick