AT&T. Layer 6-8 needed.

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Jul 27 13:24:55 UTC 2009

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009, jamie wrote:

> If any ISP of mine filtered my (where my = brick-and-mortar-corp) access to
> any destination because of another customer (there are *always* technical
> solutions to problems you describe, the one you implemented wouldn't even
> make my list), you'd have one less customer and quite likely a Tortious
> Interference claim..

I don't know if they still do it, or if their old "Abuse/Security guy,
Travis Haymore" is still around, but above.net had a history of null
routing "destinations they didn't like", which meant if you were a
customer (even a multihomed one) and sent them traffic for those
destinations, you wouldn't get there.  Getting the list of null routed
space from above.net was not trivial.

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |