AT&T. Layer 6-8 needed.

jamie j at arpa.com
Mon Jul 27 04:35:04 UTC 2009

'Wireless backbone'?

K.

I have a dozen confirmations off list in every time zone.  SANS ISC is
soliciting technical reports on this; It's on the EFF's Radar.

"This is not a drill"

If any ISP of mine filtered my (where my = brick-and-mortar-corp) access to
any destination because of another customer (there are *always* technical
solutions to problems you describe, the one you implemented wouldn't even
make my list), you'd have one less customer and quite likely a Tortious
Interference claim..

And, as a (wired) backbone arch, if I ever filtered a host (btw: there are
five IPs in that /24 being filtered by T) that cut off every customer's
access to that host or group, I'd expect to not have a job anymore.

If I wanted filtered Internet, I'd sign up for Prodigy.

Check http://status.4chan.org - they're not moving anything at the moment,
and confirm the filtering.

Debate away, I'm off to bed.

I think 4chan's reaction to this will be bigger than the story itself - No
need for me to argue what will soon be in the News Cycle.

-j