Open Source / Low Cost NMS for Server Hardware / Application Monitoring

Ray Sanders Ray.Sanders at VillageVoiceMedia.com
Wed Jul 22 19:10:22 UTC 2009

It's neither open source, nor free, but I moved from Nagios/Groundwork
to Solarwinds ipMonitor 9.

Solarwinds recently cut the price down to under $1000 for unlimited
monitors.  Up until about a year ago, the unlimited license ran about
$5K.

So for a large nationwide environment like ours, our ROI was pretty
decent, but if you are only watching a dozen or two systems with maybe
ten monitors each, Nagios would be the best bet.

--
"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr