Can someone from SORBS contact me offlist?

Jon Lewis jlewis at
Tue Jul 14 18:35:46 CDT 2009

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, Mark Smith wrote:

>> Also, I believe SORBS are the ones that require a donation to get out if
> A 'required donation' sounds like a ransom to me.

AFAIK, the donation requirement is for getting IPs off the "your IP has
sent us spam" subzone of the SORBS dnsbl.  Most of the people I'm aware of
who've had issues with SORBS have wanted to get incorrect listings removed
from the SORBS DUL - Dynamic IP Address ranges (NOT a Dial Up list!)

Donations won't help you there.

Shouldn't someone have tried steering this thread over to spam-l or
someplace other than nanog a day or two ago?

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |
_________ for PGP public key_________