Can someone from SORBS contact me offlist?

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Tue Jul 14 21:58:35 UTC 2009

On Jul 14, 2009, at 5:47 PM, Mark Smith wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 14:34:18 -0500
> William Pitcock <nenolod at systeminplace.net> wrote:
>>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Also, I believe SORBS are the ones that require a donation to get
>> out if
>
> A 'required donation' sounds like a ransom to me.

You make the donation to a "registered charity", not to SORBS.
Michelle never sees a dime, nor does anyone else associated with SORBS.

You can still call it a ransom if you like, I won't even argue, but in
fairness I thought it was useful to make that distinction.

In more fairness, last time I checked, all but one of the 'registered
charities' asked to be removed from the SORBS list because it was
doing them more harm than good.

Interpretation of these facts is left up to the reader, I am not
making any judgements.

--
TTFN,
patrick