BGP Growth projections

Ray Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Sun Jul 12 19:51:28 UTC 2009

> On 2009-07-12-06:09:12, Arie Vayner <arievayner at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Unless you are a major transit operator (which beats the "small ISP"
> > requirement), you don't really need a full view, and can do we a
> > limited view with a default route.
>
> Disagree.  Protection against big-provider depeerings,
> interdomain capacity problems, etc is increasingly relevant
> to smaller sites interested in getting business done.  While
> some will outsource this protection their (non-transit-free)
> provider, others enjoy maintaining this granularity of
> control themselves...

Specifically, with full routes, us "small ISP" people can match ASNs with
traffic in Netflow to see where our traffic goes/comes from, and thus do
capacity/link/peer/transit/traffic planning and problem mitigation.

--
Scanned for viruses and dangerous content at
http://www.oneunified.net and is believed to be clean.