Can someone from SORBS contact me offlist?

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Sat Jul 11 22:00:39 UTC 2009

On Jul 11, 2009, at 4:40 PM, Seth Mattinen wrote:
> Nuno Vieira - nfsi wrote:
>> That's good to know.
>> I'll avoid using it.
>
> Holy crap, what's with all the AHBL hate? At the very least they
> have a responsive human and - last time I checked - they don't
> require an exchange of money to get off the list. I'd hazard a guess
> that "two weeks" includes the responsiveness of the other party. I
> unsuspended a domain yesterday because the other party just now got
> around to the notices I sent 3 months ago on their hacked content
> manager hosting phishing sites.

Definitely not what the poster was implying (one could argue outright
stating).

I've never met anyone who quoted "It takes X long" when X was mostly
waiting for you to respond.  Why do you assume they would inflate
their stats and make themselves look that bad in such a silly way?

> People bitch and whine about free services more than when they
> actually pay for something. Sad.

That is not at all clear from the post above, or anything else in this
thread.

Hell, I don't even see hate for AHBL.  I just see .. indifference.
Just 'cause I and others do not want to use a service doesn't mean we
hate it.

--
TTFN,
patrick