Can someone from SORBS contact me offlist?

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Sat Jul 11 18:47:03 UTC 2009

On Jul 11, 2009, at 1:11 PM, Brielle Bruns wrote:
> On 7/11/09 11:05 AM, Ronald Cotoni wrote:
>> Yes, they are really bad.  It is actually quite silly that a
>> blacklisting
>> service is that slow on responding to problems.
>
> I find it unacceptable that people demand instant service from a
> company they don't have prior business arrangements/relationship
> with.  Average turn around time for the AHBL is around two weeks if
> we don't have an established contact and procedure with.
>
> How would you like it if a non-customer came to you demanding
> resolution to a problem with a free service you provide?  Would you
> drop everything, and give that non-customer the same service you
> give a paying customer?

I don't see any demands there.  I see someone commenting on the
utility of the "free service" offered.

If a blacklist, free or not, lists good IP addresses and takes a long
time to remove them, then the blacklist is not useful.

Given that you said AHBL requires two weeks to remove good IP
addresses unless there is an "established contact", I'll be sure never
to use said list.  Suppose my business partner gets listed?  Am I to
ruin our relationship for two weeks because you are busy or don't like
the fact we don't pay you?  We didn't pay you to list us either.

Besides, there are plenty of useful blacklists with very low FP rates
who are responsive.  Why use one that has high FP and is unresponsive?

Running a blacklist sucks.  It's got to be one of the hardest jobs for
a white-hat to do on the 'Net.  But if you don't like it, don't do
it.  Doing it then complaining about it after is .. silly.

--
TTFN<
patrick