Point to Point Ethernet

Dylan Ebner dylan.ebner at crlmed.com
Fri Jul 10 15:59:21 UTC 2009

It should be noted that this usually isn't recommened. Dropping an
ethernet circuit directly into a switch (even if it is laywer 3) can
create design issues, esecially later when you need to scale the
network. One big issue that is often overlooked is many swithces do not
support traffic shaping. Some support policing, but shaping can be far
more efficient. There are some nortel switches that do this, but I
haven't seen many in the wild.