Request for contact and procedure information

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Fri Jul 10 03:36:21 UTC 2009

Dan White wrote:
> Have you spoken with your provider? They should be giving you options,
> like changing your static address, or null routing the attackers
> upstream, or perhaps blocking port 80 to you, to limit your ingress
> traffic.

For DSL? I've never had that kind of luck with SBC's (now AT&T) home
products, and I've been using their DSL since 2001. This is one instance
where paying the big bucks for at least a T1 can show some some return.
Even if it's "business DSL" it's still treated the same as "drooling
user DSL".

Purely my personal experience.

~Seth