Drop in IPv6 traffic

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Thu Jul 9 14:10:24 UTC 2009

On Jul 9, 2009, at 9:58 AM, michiel.muhlenbaumer at atratoip.net wrote:

> Hi Jeroen & others,
>
> Yep, looks like we are doing a great portion of AMSIX's IPv6 traffic
> and
> our (free) IPv6 service was affected because of an internal error last
> night around 00.30 am.

Michiel,

Thank you for the information.  Could you let us know if XS4All's free
v6 news feed went to zero, or was just dropped by some percentage?

I ask because the AMS-IX is frequently used as an example that v6 is
being heavily adopted.  If it is all one source for one application,
that is important information to the people fighting for v6 adoption.
Going from peaks of 1.4 Gbps to 0.4 Gbps is impressive.  If that 0.4
Gbps still includes some of your traffic, it is very impressive.

--
TTFN,
patrick