Traffic Statistics for Yesterday

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Thu Jul 9 01:11:11 UTC 2009

Ditto here.  Did not see any increase.

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Shore [mailto:justin at justinshore.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 3:39 PM
To: Shon Elliott
Cc: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Re: Traffic Statistics for Yesterday

Shon Elliott wrote:
> Does anyone have any data on how the memorial event for Michael Jackson
effected
> the global backbones? This was seen as another inaugural type of traffic
day to
> most of the people I've talked to.

99.99% of my userbase is in the rural Midwest.  Needless to say I saw no
increase in bandwidth consumption.  Now if it was a streaming memorial
for George Strait, Garth Brooks, Little Jimmy Dickens or Willie Nelson I
suspect the consumption would have been noticeably higher.  I'm sure I
would have had much higher bandwidth usage if the PBR National
Championship was made available for streaming.

Justin