Point to Point Ethernet

Ivan Pepelnjak ip at ioshints.info
Wed Jul 8 13:17:55 UTC 2009

We're halfway there (OK, a bit less, they've messed up OSPF) with the
unnumbered VLAN interfaces.

http://wiki.nil.com/Unnumbered_Ethernet_VLAN_interfaces

What's missing is the removal of MAC layer header, but that would require
modifications to the NIC chipsets (= expensive).

Ivan

http://www.ioshints.info/about
http://blog.ioshints.info/