Using twitter as an outage notification

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Sun Jul 5 10:10:10 UTC 2009

In article <4A4FC4F3.2010301 at rollernet.us>, Seth Mattinen
<sethm at rollernet.us> writes
>Twitter will attract the "what's cool right now" demographic.

But has it gone from "cool" to "useful" (for this kind of application),
in a way that Facebook and other such sites haven't?

I remember an employer of mine when I was trying to persuade him to
build a modem into a PC so people could exchange what we'd now call
emails, and he said "Roland, come back and ask me again, when I can pay
your wages through that modem thing".

Unfortunately I didn't get the opportunity, as I left there twenty years
ago, and Paypal wasn't invented until about ten years ago.
--
Roland Perry