Fire, Power loss at Fisher Plaza in Seattle

Marshall Eubanks tme at
Fri Jul 3 15:59:41 CDT 2009

On Jul 3, 2009, at 4:29 PM, Ben Carleton wrote:

> Yes it was.
> On Jul 3, 2009, at 4:29 PM, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:
>> Wasn't affected by this? We received a support ticket
>> about why is down today (I don't know either, I don't
>> ask too many questions).
>> was for a while completely off the air, and companies
that relied upon them
were not getting credit card authorizations (and, thus, no ecommerce).
I think it is still only
partially functional. has been communicating with customers mostly
(entirely ?) with twitter - they are

@AuthorizeNet with a hash tab of #authorizenet

If you go there, you will see a lot of status messages like

#authorizenet (cont.) Do not manually submit ARB transactions b/c you
run the risk of your merchants being double billed.
10 minutes ago from web

(i.e., 4:47 EDT).

You will also see a lot of posts from annoyed people if you search on

It's an interesting use of Web 2.0 for emergency communications.