Fire, Power loss at Fisher Plaza in Seattle

Darren Bolding darren at bolding.org
Fri Jul 3 20:57:03 UTC 2009

Power to some of the affected sections of the building has been restored via
existing onsite generators.  The central power risers cannot be connected to
current generators in a timely manner due to excessive damage to the
electrical switching equipment (and those generators may still be in
standing water).  These provide power to a number of colocated systems.
 Temporary generators are on order to be connected to the central risers,
and the site expects that to be complete sometime late this evening.  As
best I can tell, there is still no utility power connected to any of the
systems.
The AC systems (chiller and crac) are currently not working.  It is not
clear to me whether these will be brought back on line when the temporary
generators are available, but I am assuming so.

It was pleasant to see the general positive attitude, sharing of information
and offers of assistance that were made by representatives of the various
tenants, customers and carriers that were on the scene.  The usual suspects
(companies and individuals) stepped up and took care of things, as they
always seem to.

--D

--
--  Darren Bolding                  --