Are we really this helpless? (Re: isprime DOS in progress)

Brandon Galbraith brandon.galbraith at
Fri Jan 23 21:34:37 CST 2009

On 1/23/09, Seth Mattinen <sethm at> wrote:
> Jeffrey Lyon wrote:
>> I respectfully disagree. Network engineers have to keep up with many
>> tasks and preventing DoS/DDoS should be the responsibility of
>> everyone. I see more folks worried about spam than they are actual
>> security.
> Back to my original question: is there really not a better solution?
> ~Seth
When in doubt, throw more capacity at it. I'm only half-kidding. Sometimes
that's the cheaper solution depending on the problem.

Brandon Galbraith
Voice: 630.400.6992
Email: brandon.galbraith at