"IP networks will feel traffic pain in 2009" (C|Net & Cisco)

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Thu Jan 22 05:00:21 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009, Matthew Moyle-Croft wrote:

> I realise that CDNs probably aren't that keen on people caching as it
> reduces their revenue, but a level of being rational about helping the
> whole chain deliver means probably more traffic overall.

I mean, I could extend an olive branch to all the CDNs out there and
ask exactly what kind of extensions they'd like to see in intermediary
caches so they can get the statistics they require, whilst allowing
the edge to serve content on their behalf, but I doubt I'd get any
bites.

Oh well. Back to hacking on software so it can shuffle more bits.

Adrian