Yahoo and their mail filters..

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 02:04:46 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 6:45 AM, J.D. Falk
<jdfalk-lists at cybernothing.org> wrote:
> Many recipients of complaint feedback actually /want/ to receive every
> complaint, because -- like John Levine -- they treat those complaints as
> unsubscribe requests.

That's ONE use case.  But we are not senders, and we do use a feedback
loop because we are an ISP (like barry) but we dont have the luxury of
a purely geek (so largely clean e&oe pwned systems) userbase like
Barry has.

In other words - we do get spammer customers. And the feedback loops
provide us near real time notification of these, allowing us to
terminate.

> Yours is not the common use case.

His IS the common use case.  Just that he doesnt have the sort of
userbase that will generate usable FBLs (aka no significant number of
genuine spam issues on his network).  For which he has to count
himself lucky.