Yahoo and their mail filters..

Steven Champeon schampeo at hesketh.com
Thu Feb 26 16:45:31 UTC 2009

on Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 02:17:14PM -0500, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:44:13 PST, JC Dill said:
>
> > Universities are often major sources of spam.  Spam is sent directly
> > from virus-infected student computers,
>
> Got any numbers to back up the claim that virus-infected student computers
> are anywhere near the problem that virus-infected student's-parents computers
> are?
>
> (I'm not saying universities are perfect - we have to nuke several users
> a day because their accounts or machines fall under enemy control.  But I
> see a lot of people repeating the meme without any numbers to back it up)

Without going into comparisons between resnets and the world at large, I
will say that the resnet problem has gotten a *lot* better over the past
couple of years; it used to be that every new semester saw a huge uptick
in botted resnet hosts, but we haven't seen anything like that for two
years or so. Good work!

--
hesketh.com/inc. v: +1(919)834-2552 f: +1(919)834-2553 w: http://hesketh.com/
antispam news, solutions for sendmail, exim, postfix: http://enemieslist.com/