Yahoo and their mail filters..

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Feb 26 13:57:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009, John R. Levine wrote:

> Sounds like it might be time to reconsider your mailing list config.  A decade
> ago, bandwidth was really expensive and it made sense to try to load up lots
> of recipients per delivery.  These days it's essentially free, and any saving
> in bandwidth is swamped by the extra manual effort of having to do bounce
> management by hand.

Mailman's bounce parser is clever enough that there's no manualarity.

AOL's ARF redaction also causes problems identifying problem .forwarders.
I don't understand what they are trying to defend against.

Tony.
GERMAN BIGHT HUMBER: SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7. MODERATE OR ROUGH. SQUALLY SHOWERS.
MODERATE OR GOOD.