Yahoo and their mail filters..

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Feb 26 13:28:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, John Levine wrote:

> AOL sends its spam button feedback in industry standard ARF format. It
> took me about 20 minutes to write a perl script that picks out the
> relevant bits from AOL and Hotmail feedback messages and sends unsub
> commands to my list manager.

Yes, but you're using qmail and ezmlm which send separate copies of the
message to each recipient, with the recipient's address embedded in the
return path. If, like us, you have a setup that's optimised to
de-duplicate multi-recipient messages, AOL's redaction makes their ARF
messages mosly useless for anything but rough detection (or confirmation)
of a compromise.

Tony.
GERMAN BIGHT HUMBER: SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7. MODERATE OR ROUGH. SQUALLY SHOWERS.
MODERATE OR GOOD.