Yahoo and their mail filters..

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Wed Feb 25 20:54:42 UTC 2009

>  Why the hell can't AOL integrate the standard listserv commands
>  integrated into many subscription emails into a friggin' button in
>  their email client, right next to "Spam" (or even in place of it)
>  that says "Unsubscribe?"

AOL sends its spam button feedback in industry standard ARF format. It
took me about 20 minutes to write a perl script that picks out the
relevant bits from AOL and Hotmail feedback messages and sends unsub
commands to my list manager.

As to why they don't have a separate Unsub button, users wouldn't use
it.  AOL are not stupid, they know that people hit the spam button for
all sorts of reasons, many of which have only the vaguest connection
to spam.  If you run a small well-run network, the only stuff you're
going to see from the spam button is unsubs and false alarms.  That
doesn't mean the spam button is broken; it means that you're not the
kind of sender they're worried about.

Regards,
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.