Legislation and its effects in our world

Ernie Rubi ernesto at cs.fiu.edu
Wed Feb 25 17:24:14 UTC 2009

ha, funny you should say that; do a quick search for "plain language
of the statute" and let me know how many dissenting views in court
opinions you find.

Big fallacy to say that even though it's 'plain English' it means
*one* thing...

This is a big tangled web of statutory and common law; plain English
will get you as far as a nickel in a dime store...

On Feb 25, 2009, at 12:06 PM, Fred Baker wrote:

> I am a person that can read something that is written in the English
> language

Ernie