Yahoo and their mail filters..

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 04:31:52 UTC 2009

With a large enough userbase, misdirected spam complaints become far
less of a factor.

Lets put it this way .. one or two users can forget and report the
same email as spam.  If a whole bunch of users do that, not just a
few, then either two things.

1. You have a problem

or

2. There's a mass outbreak of alzheimers and all our users forgot

Again - that's with a large enough userbase and with marketing content
sent in bulk.

Deliverability problems for lower volume is tougher to troubleshoot
and it could be because of various other reasons than just complaints.

--srs (mailops IS operational and belongs on nanog)

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)