ISIS route summarization (it's a wrap)

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Tue Feb 24 13:28:59 UTC 2009

People were nice to point out that my memory does function correctly,
but I did receive a single suggestion to spark the fire back to life in
my brain. The suggestion was ISIS for infrastructure only, and iBGP for
carrying all customer routes, which will lower the ISIS costs during a
state change and give aggregation abilities at any level (useful for
IPv4 primarily while we finish up adding IPv6).

Thanks for the help. Life slowly returns to normal in Lone Grove, OK,
but it's amazing how much a tornado takes out of you; even when it
doesn't take your IP network down.

Jack