ISIS route summarization

Ivan Pepelnjak ip at ioshints.info
Tue Feb 24 10:00:44 UTC 2009

The short answer is "NO". L2 IS-IS is a single SPF domain and all routers
are supposed to have identical view of the network. If you want
IS-IS-provided aggregation, you need to use L1 and L2.

There are only two protocols that allow unlimited levels of aggregation: BGP
and EIGRP :)

Ivan

http://www.ioshints.info/about
http://blog.ioshints.info/