Comcast - No complaints! [was: Re: Craptastic Service!

Paul Stewart pstewart at nexicomgroup.net
Sun Feb 22 20:06:13 UTC 2009

*Some* airlines pay penalties - not all.

I was in Florida on business last summer and when I went to do "web
checkin" I was told "call this number 1-800xxxxxx". When I did, they
apologized and said they couldn't get me out of Florida for 2 additional
days.

Quite upset, I wanted to know what they were going to do to cover my
additional hotel/food costs plus lost time.  Their answer was "we'll
honor the same seat pricing for the Sunday flight even though it's
normally considerably higher"... oh gee, thanks!  So for the additional
$4-500 in additional expenses incurred I got "a deal" on their screwup.
The worst part was that I booked that particular flight and chose my
seat there was ZERO others booked on it as I booked it almost 9 months
in advance.

So more on topic, make sure the SLA is good and perhaps confirm via
references that they back it up.  SLA's are no good if they are not
willing to "put their money where their mouth is"....

;)

Paul