Craptastic Service! (was: Re: comcast price check)

Sharma, Kapeel Kapeel.Sharma at McKesson.com
Sat Feb 21 07:44:18 UTC 2009

This is BS how narrow minded our providers are.
--------------------------
Sent using BlackBerry

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeffrey Lyon <jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net>
To: Ryan A. Krenzischek <ryan at bbnx.net>
Cc: NANOG list <nanog at nanog.org>
Sent: Fri Feb 20 22:28:30 2009
Subject: Re: Craptastic Service! (was: Re: comcast price check)

Ryan,

Last I talked to Comcast running BSD meant you're a hacker.

Jeff

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 1:27 AM, Ryan A. Krenzischek <ryan at bbnx.net>
wrote:

> Well that explains it all since we are a *BSD shop.
>
> Ryan
>
> On Sat, 21 Feb 2009, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:
>
>> Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 01:02:12 -0500
>> From: Jeffrey Lyon <jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net>
>> To: Ryan A. Krenzischek <ryan at bbnx.net>
>> Cc: NANOG list <nanog at nanog.org>
>> Subject: Re: Craptastic Service! (was: Re: comcast price check)
>>
>> Ryan,
>>
>> It's always your equipment. You should know that none of their
>> customers have any clue how to run a network and therefore should
>> remove them immediately. Any customer who is not running Windows and
>> not connected directly to the router is to blame for any problems.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 12:46 AM, Ryan A. Krenzischek <ryan at bbnx.net>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, they do.  You can find more information here:
>>>
>>> http://business.comcast.com/ethernet/dedicated-internet.aspx
<http://business.comcast.com/ethernet/dedicated-internet.aspx>

>>> Although, I'm sufficiently disappointed with Comcast's Business
Cable
>>> service.  I have had them since 6-NOV-2008 and they took 4 months
and 1
>>> week
>>> to fix a cabling problem at the head-end for my business Internet.
>>> Apparently the head-end was wired wrong in regards to how power was
>>> supplied
>>> to it.  I had nothing but dropped packets and latency (400-500 MS,
>>> sometimes
>>> 1200 MS) problems.  I lost so much business.  I tried multiple times
>>> speak with a manager but they would only pick up their phone after I
sat
>>> for
>>> 30 minutes with the phone, pressing the redial key and placed 60
calls to
>>> them.  I had to call their corporate office and file a complaint.  I
am

--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net

Look for us at HostingCon 2009 in Washington, DC on August 10th - 12th
at Booth #401.