McAfee/AT&T Issue

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Feb 18 22:10:40 UTC 2009

--- mcalhoun at iodatacenters.com wrote:
From: "Calhoun, Matthew" <mcalhoun at iodatacenters.com>

While I agree with all of your assessments, this traceroute was being provided to illustrate where traffic *appears* to be stopping when we are seeing the issue. It's intermittent, so some times we can reach the destination hosts (via HTTP, HTTPS, etc.) and sometimes we can't.

When we can reach the destination hosts (via HTTP), the traceroute completes
When we can't reach the destination hosts (via HTTP), the traceroute won't complete and the last hop is the host that I indicated in my previous post (12.118.225.22)

It may be best to use tcptraceroute when it is and when it isn't working.  It may help you evaluate where the trouble is occurring more efficiently.

scott