IPv6 Confusion

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Wed Feb 18 06:18:51 UTC 2009

On Feb 17, 2009, at 7:40 PM, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> Most of the time the vendors don't educate their sales force (both
> the droids and the sales engineers) about IPv6 because they
> themselves have made the strategic decision that IPv6 isn't
> important to them (personal view).

Suggestion: next time you buy equipment from competing vendors, tell
the sales folk from the losing vendors that one deciding factor was
(vendor or product) IPv6 support. That (and perhaps only that) will
get their attention... :-)

> If any CPE NAT box vendor comes around and has 6to4 with proper
> IPv6, I'll happily recommend all our customers who want IPv6 to buy
> that perticular box.

Apple Airport Extreme? (Seems to work, but I don't know how standards
conformant it is)

Regards,
-drc