anyone else seeing very long AS paths?

Etaoin Shrdlu shrdlu at deaddrop.org
Tue Feb 17 15:21:07 UTC 2009

Jared Mauch wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 08:07:36AM +0200, Hank Nussbacher wrote:

>>"They" will keep trying and until a vast majority of ISPs implement
>>maxas, this will keep happening.

> 	Or until people who are still running multi-year old cisco code
> actually upgrade?  This seems to primarily impact:
>
> 	1) Old cisco code
> 	2) PC based bgp daemons

> Both of which likely just need to be upgraded.  I actually suspect
> that a lot of people who dropped their bgp sessions did not notice
> something happened, and still will not upgrade their code....I
> suspect these people don't even know they have a bgp speaking device
> anymore.

On the other hand, the fact that various entities have gone out of their
way to advertise that they're running old hardware/out-of-date software
has been noted elsewhere. I'd strongly suggest, if you're reading NANOG,
  that you update, before someone less pleasant and friendly than myself
finds you. Please.

--
Remember, if it's in the news, don't worry about it. The very
definition of news is "something that almost never happens." When