anyone else seeing very long AS paths?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Feb 17 15:05:55 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 08:07:36AM +0200, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> A regular UN of attempts to do this previously:
>
> 24532 -  PT. Inet Global Indo, Indonesia
> 43179 -  Team Consulting AS, Bosnia and Herzegovina
> 48262 -  Noblecom Ltd., Bulgaria
> 6488 - Arizona Macintosh Users Group, USA
> 39625 - Omni-Araneo, Poland
> 33838 - BetaNET sp. z o.o, Poland
> 47868 - SUPRO, spol. s r.o., Czech Republic
>
> "They" will keep trying and until a vast majority of ISPs implement
> maxas, this will keep happening.

	Or until people who are still running multi-year old cisco code
actually upgrade?  This seems to primarily impact:

	1) Old cisco code
	2) PC based bgp daemons

	Both of which likely just need to be upgraded.  I actually suspect
that a lot of people who dropped their bgp sessions did not notice something
happened, and still will not upgrade their code.  I searched the archives, some
variations of this have happened since 2001.  There's been a few PSIRT and
other issues since then, I suspect these people don't even know they have a
bgp speaking device anymore.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net