Global Blackhole Service

Jens Ott - PlusServer AG j.ott at plusserver.de
Fri Feb 13 17:16:44 UTC 2009

Skywing schrieb:
> Of course, whomever hosts such a service becomes an attractive DoS target themselves if it were ever to gain real traction in the field.  There is also the "reverse-DoS" issue of an innocent party getting into the feed if anyone can peer with it.

You are right, and that's also what I am currently thinking about. Well, one
solution might be, that all participants blackhole-routers IPs are also
announced with some special community and all participants drop all traffic
but bgp traffic from IPs listed with that community to the blackhole RR
destination(s) everywhere in there network.

BR
Jens

> - S

- --

Jens Ott
Leiter Network Management

Tel: +49 22 33 - 612 - 3501
Fax: +49 22 33 - 612 - 53501

E-Mail: j.ott at plusserver.de
GPG-Fingerprint: 808A EADF C476 FABE 2366  8402 31FD 328C C2CA 7D7A

PlusServer AG
Daimlerstraße 9-11
50354 Hürth

Germany

HRB 58428 / Amtsgericht Köln, USt-ID DE216 740 823
Vorstand: Jochen Berger, Frank Gross, Jan Osthues, Thomas Strohe
Aufsichtsratsvorsitz: Claudius Schmalschläger