Network diagram software

Howard C. Berkowitz hcb at netcases.net
Wed Feb 11 19:37:28 UTC 2009

You remind me of  a design discussion, well-lubricated with beer, in which
my team was trying, in spite of top management, to design great carrier
routers. At one point, partially for RFC4098 benchmarking, we wanted to put
a GPS card into some prototypes, originally as a time reference.

We started thinking what else we could do with it, assuming we could get an
enhanced-accuracy GPS (DGPS/WAAS) signal into the machine room. Physical
inventory became a possibility. Somewhere, however, it started moving into
the silly, including oscillation indicating earthquakes, and then graceful
arcs as the rack fell over.