Call for data: IPv6 enabled service logfiles for analysis

George Michaelson ggm at apnic.net
Wed Feb 11 11:46:11 UTC 2009

Call for data: IPv6 enabled service logfile analysis

APNIC is seeking operators of high-traffic webhosts, and other public
facing services who can provide logfiles for their IPv6 enabled
instances. Our intention is to analyse these for the distribution of
IPv4, and the various sub-classes of IPv6 (native, tunnelled, Teredo,
6to4).

APNIC will of course respect client privacy and sign an NDA, only
abstracted data outcomes would be presented from any participant. -All
participants would be acknowledged for their support in any
presentations.

While our preference is for access to raw logs, there may be people
out there who cannot share this due to contractual or other
restrictions. If you are willing to filter data according to our
example Perlcode, we'd be happy to receive abstracted data if
neccessary. Our tools assume the apache 'combined' log format, or
things which can be simply converted to a close analogue.

If anyone is interested in participating in the data collection
exercise, please contract research at apnic.net

-George