97.128.0.0/9 allocation to verizon wireless

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Tue Feb 10 23:41:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Dave Temkin <davet1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Exactly.  I've seen this as well in both instances but haven't seen it on
> mobile phones.  It's something so obscure that you're going to have to
> really want it to turn it on.  I don't think the Port 25 example holds much
> water here.

Many/most GSM/GPRS/etc operators will have multiple APN's - one which is
setup for NAT, and the other which gives a public IP address.

By default, most "dumb" phones will use the former. Data cards will use the
latter, and smartphones seem to be split between the two - although
obviously it will vary between providers.

  Scott.