Automatic Switches?

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Tue Feb 10 03:19:13 UTC 2009

> Seth Mattinen wrote:
> > I hate to interrupt the IPv6 and RFC 1918 mega-threads...
> >
> > Does anyone know of a company that makes 208v (3-wire line-line ground,
> > no neutral, 208v loads only, single phase) 30-60 amp automatic transfer
> > switches with sub-30ms switching time? APC used to make the SU045X163
> > 30A model, but it seems to have been discontinued and it's hard to find
> > products that support 208v single phase.

It's not flagged as discontinued on the APC site, though it seems to
have been dropped from the RATS page.  Maybe in the process of being
discontinued?

http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SU045X163

> Ugh, of course I come across something (TwinSource DCC-II RM-ITSTS, 50A
> in a 4U case using SCRs) mere minutes after posting. Any other
> recommendations are still welcome. The TwinSource unit looks quite
> fascinating, although I'm guessing quite expensive.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=SU045X163&_sacat=See-All-Categories

The main downside to the SU045 product line seems to be a lack of network
manageability.  Doesn't mean you can't get 'em.  :-)

APC doesn't make RATS units larger than 30A, though, so if you need a
50A unit, you'll have to look elsewhere.

... JG