Network equipments process utilization

정치영 lionair at samsung.com
Tue Feb 10 01:29:44 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I wonder which percentage is good level of CPU and Memory util of network equipment ?
In my case, I try to keep under 30% cpu util and 70% memory util. My most equipment are Cisco product.
I have no technical reference about that, it is just a rule of mine or my predecessor.
Could you tell me how other operators are doing ? what is your operation baseline ? or is there any guideline about process utilization ?

Best regards,
Chiyoung
 Chi-Young Joung
 SAMSUNG NETWORKS Inc.
 Email: lionair at samsung.com
 Tel +82 70 7015 0623, Mobile +82 17 520 9193
 Fax +82 70 7016 0031