97.128.0.0/9 allocation to verizon wireless

Ben Scott mailvortex at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 14:30:29 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 9:24 PM, Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz> wrote:
> Sure, smart phones are becoming more popular.

  My ancient and crufty Nextel iDEN i530 phone, manufactured circa
2003, with a monochrome 4-line text display, and about as "dumb" as
they get, gets assigned an IP address.  Now, that IP address is in
10/8, but the point is that not just "smart phones" get IP addresses.

  As to whether VZW needs public IP space for every phone -- I'll let
others handle the rampant speculation on that front.

-- Ben