97.128.0.0/9 allocation to verizon wireless

Aaron Glenn aaron.glenn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 03:37:08 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Mark Andrews <Mark_Andrews at isc.org> wrote:

>        I don't see any reason to complain based on those numbers.
>        It's just a extremely high growth period due to technology
>        change over bring in new functionality.

so if they don't deploy IPv6 then ('extremely high growth period'),
when will they? I don't presume to speak for everyone who immediately
felt that tinge of surprise at reading of a /9 being allocated, but
the blame is being laid on vzw not doing something other than 'can we
have a /9 please?' --not ARIN and/or it's policies (another mailing
list, duly noted)