v6 & DSL / Cable modems

TJ trejrco at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 20:19:22 UTC 2009

>It would be nice if DHCPv6 (or DHCPv4 for that matter) could include not
only a default, but, a static routing table in what it distributes.

In theory, RAs can - "more specific routes", although I don't believe any
vendor (router or client side) supports these as of yet ...
(Default Router Preference more widely supported, but less granular)

> Could you please explain a good reliable method for source address
selection in a multiple IP binding scenario?

RFC3484 being revisited as we speak, feel free to help :) ... may include
things like policy table updates to clients ...
Note - no great/clean answer yet to the "multi-homed to disparate networks"
scenario.
(It's a hard problem to automagically solve for all cases)

/TJ