[Update] Re: New ISP to market, BCP 38, and new tactics

Michael Butler imb at protected-networks.net
Fri Feb 6 01:23:50 UTC 2009

Steve Bertrand wrote:
> This entire discussion went off topic, in regards to bcp and filtering.
>
> Off-list, I had someone point out:
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kumari-blackhole-urpf-02
>
> ...which is EXACTLY in line with what my end goal was originally, and by
> reading it, I feel as if I was getting there free-hand. This document
> helps standardize things a bit, ..

This technique, and a whole lot more, may also be found in book form:

Router Security Strategies: Securing IP Network Traffic Planes
	by Gregg Schudel and David J. Smith

	Cisco Press, December 2007
	ISBN 978-1-58705-336-8 (paper-back)

Don't expect to get through it in one sitting; it's ~600+ pages ;-)

	Michael