v6 & DSL / Cable modems [was: Private use of non-RFC1918 IP space (IPv6-MW)]

Robert D. Scott robert at ufl.edu
Fri Feb 6 00:19:37 UTC 2009

Wii should not even consider developing " a cool new protocol for the Wii"
that is not NAT compliant via V4 or V6. And if they do, we should elect a
NANOG regular to go "POSTAL" and handle the problem. The solution to many of
these networking conundrums should rest with the application people, and NOT
the network people.

While I am ranting, my other pet peeve are proprietary protocols that the
developer cannot take another couple of hours to provide a decoder for. If
you develop the protocol any of the developers at the Wireshark group would
help with the decode plugin.

Robert D. Scott                 Robert at ufl.edu
Senior Network Engineer         352-273-0113 Phone
CNS - Network Services          352-392-2061 CNS Receptionist
University of Florida           352-392-9440 FAX
Florida Lambda Rail             352-294-3571 FLR NOC
Gainesville, FL  32611          321-663-0421 Cell