Article on spammers and their infrastructure

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 22:56:29 UTC 2009

> That's step two of the problem - enforcement.  Enforcement may seem "hard", but it's impossible without a policy.  If there is no policy clearly violated, enforcement cannot happen.

You are right, without a policy there is not what to enforce, but on
the other hand even with a policy you need somebody with police powers
to enforce the policy.

Then who do we want (if we do, which I don't believe we do) to play
the net-police role ?

ICANN ? the RIRs ? the ISPs ? ITU ? X invaders ? three letter agency
of your choice ? local law enforcement ?

I truly believe that if many service providers (access, domain,
hosting, etc) reduce just a notch the profit making greed and start to
close some doors for the bad guys we may be able to mitigate some
problems.

Time for new year resolutions ...

Cheers
Jorge